Cockroaches and bedbugs are just some of the pests that are very difficult to treat. Maybe it would be a lot easier to keep rodents away because you can cover the holes where they can pass. But when it comes to the tinier pests, like cockroaches, it can be a challenge. But experts suggest that these actions can keep different pests at bay.
- Keep Your House Clean Pests like cockroaches and bedbugs love dirty and dark areas. This is why it is very important to make sure that any part of your home is clean. Prevention will always be better than cure. If your house is spic-and-span, there are fewer chances of these pests to inhabit your home. You will have fewer worries when it comes to cockroach control.
- Seal The Windows It is important that you make sure that your window screens fit. This is to ensure that the bugs cannot get inside the house. So if you have loose wires on your window screens, push them back in place using your pliers. However, for torn screens, you can apply a clear nail polish.
- Fix Water Leaks Cockroaches are very attracted to moisture and water. This is why you can always find them under your sink. Remember that cockroaches can survive for months even without food. However, they can only last for days without water. So close any water leaks. Do not let water stand in your sink, even with your indoor plants.
- Gaps On Doors You an replace any rotted or damaged trims because this is how the bugs can get inside your home without you knowing. A damp door can be a sign of termite damage. This can become an easy entrance for bugs as well as the bottom of your door. To fix this, you can use a weather stripping or maybe a door seal kit around the door frame.
- Check Your Soffits To do this, you can walk outside your home and check for any rotten fascia boards. Also, check for cracks or any missing soffit panels. This can give insects, mice, squirrels, cockroaches, and other pests an entryway. If this is becoming a problem, you can install a maintenance-free soffit system. This will allow ventilation and protect it from any invading pests.
- Flashing Can Keep It Dry If you check the valleys on your roof as well as the connection on your chimneys, there might be damaged due to water penetration. Once the wood is wet, termites can eat them. In order to keep them dry, use flashing and good roofing.
Call An Expert For Pest Control
Sometimes, it is too late to do something about cockroaches and bed bugs. If you think your home is already infested with these pests, then it is time to call an expert for cockroach and bed bug treatment. There are plenty of companies in Hong Kong who offer these services and one of them is BioCycle. They have been in this business long enough to earn the trust of their clients. Put a stop to this infestation today!