Let’s face it, between the introverts and the extroverts, the latter may need to shell out an extra penny this season. People are accustomed to gift giving and it is usually a sign of gratefulness for the friendship and for the person who will be receiving the present. But the question is, does it really have to be expensive to be considered a good pal? Certainly not. Gifts need not to be luxurious but rather something special or perhaps useful to anyone who will be receiving the gift this Christmas.
There are many categories to consider when thinking about what to give a friend or a colleague. Basically, this depends on their interests and what they love to do. Here’s a few of the categories for gift giving that may be helpful this Christmas Season:
1. For the home – This perhaps will be appreciated the most by working adults as most, if not all, feel that the home is their sanctuary that needs to maintained. Items such as scented candles, kitchen or garden tools, recipe cards or even a cookbook may be considered and will be a delight.
2. Individual Keepsakes – These are items that can be given to someone who appreciates gifts with sentimental value. A photograph during the last excursion, a personalized calendar or mug, some stationery partnered with a pen or a journal with a personal note can be a good gift that will truly melt the heart.
3. Clothing and Accessories – Who wouldn’t want something as useful as this stuff? Aside from clothes, things such as hats, socks, belts and scarves are very practical to give. Unique custom badges and key rings can certainly give that personal touch too.
4. Food and Beverages – This can be the ultimate gift to receive this season. Something homemade can an impact though such as home cooked meals, freshly baked loaves or even those jars filled with candies and chocolates will definitely be loved by a relative or friend.
5. Rest and Relaxation – Well, everybody needs R&R from time to time and this is the perfect time to give it to someone special in the most affordable way. How about a free subscription of Netflix with a bag of chips?An ITunes card or a month of Spotify perhaps? Or a favorite comic book or novel for the bookworms?
6. Personal Care – All the ladies (and men too!) will undeniably love this kind of stuff. From skin care kits, to nail polish, to sleeping masks and even grooming kits.
We often hear that “It’s the thought that counts” statement this time of the year. But being inexpensive does not mean settling for bad-gift giving. The effort put into curating something unique and special will make the presents more special and memorable.