A managed IT service is an IT support service that is delivered to the customer by a third- party contractor. In simpler words it means the outsourcing of services for the better working and improvement of your business. The companies that provide managed IT support services are known to be the MSP’s or the managed service providers. Most of the businesses have an IT support team but there are times when they are unable to provide the required services; hence there is a need for managed IT support.
The most common type of Managed IT services are; management of servers, remote monitoring, management of desktops and in some cases management of mobile devices. Remote monitoring is a basic service and is provided by all the managed service providers. The outsourcing of such services has its own benefits that can prove to be advantageous for the business.
Benefits of managed IT services
- Reduces risk- Every business involves a certain amount of investment and every investment that is made has some risk involved. The technologies, the markets, the government regulations change rapidly, which can be quiet risky for the business. So when you outsource the services then the risk is managed by the service provider, as they have knowledge of the area and of the risks involved.
- Better performance- Outsourcing of services leads to better performance with hardly any glitches. These service providers detect the problem and prevent them from happening or from becoming worse.
- Customization-The managed IT services gives the business the benefit to customise the services according to their pricing option and requirement. So there is no need of worrying about the services being covered.
- Level up the game- Large companies can easily hire an in house IT professional team but a lot of medium sized businesses cannot, so with the managed IT services they can level up their game and can compete with the large companies.
- Lower cost- It helps in reducing the business cost as businesses no longer have to hire in house IT staffs, which involves a lot of money.
- Work with IT professionals- MSP’s have their own IT team, so businesses get a chance to work with knowledgeable and professional IT staff without any additional cost.
- New technology-Outsourcing of services helps in the implementation of new technology. The businesses can fair well and start off with their projects straight away.
- Focus- With limited internal resources and services the staff can pay more attention to the core and important areas. The managed service providers deal with all the IT complexities while the staff and the managers can focus on the business and its need.
Hence, managed It services is necessary and important for small and medium sized businesses.